Friday 29 October 2021

Quilling Mother Goddess

 Hi everyone,

Goddess Durga

                      Mother Goddess Durga is the Goddess of Preservation, Power, Energy, Strength and Protection. I have made a quilling 3D idol of Goddess Durga. This was a great challenge for me to do it. I have made many 3D idols like Lord Ganesha , Goddess Lakshmi and many more. All these have 2 or 4 hands which was not a difficult task. Here I had to represent Goddess Durga with 8 hands each carrying a weapon. This was the most challenging part . 

  • To make the Face , saree , hands , legs and crown  Refer here
  • To make the body you can  Refer here
You can refer below for details:



The body ( upper part and lower part ) were quite easy to do. After attaching these parts. I have used a red colour crepe paper and wrapped around the legs. 

Then I have used green colour 5mm quilling strips to cover the waist part of the idol.

It took a bit extra work of attaching the eight hands. I had to make sure they are organized in correct manner.  and I have to give space for attaching the weapons. I hope I have done justice to it. The weapons which I have made are sword , trishul , mace , bow and arrow . Additional to this I have made lotus , discus and conch. Decorate the idol with bangles , necklace and other accessories.

You can refer to the video below:




I hope you like it.


2 comments:

  1. Good evening 🌹🌹🌹.
    Very decorative. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete