Thursday 19 August 2021

Quilled Goddess Lakshmi ( Varamahalakshmi special )

 Hi friends,

             Happy Varamahalakshmi Festival to all. 

Quilling Goddess Lakshmi






    Goddess Lakshmi is  the goddess of wealth, fortune, power, beauty and prosperity. I have tried to do the Goddess Lakshmi idol in quilling. I hope I have done justice to it. Tried to to sitting posture of the goddess with four hands.

I have also made two quilled elephants to keep on both sides of the goddess. I felt very happy seeing the complete idol. This is one of my favourite creations in quilling. 

Hope you all will like it.

You can visit my you tube link for the complete video :  Quilling Lakshmi Tutorial

I will show the complete steps:

1.Face:

  • Make  a tight coil using 11 strips .
  • Use peach colour for the front part and black colour for the back part.
  • Make a small dome. Apply fevicol and allow it to dry.
  • The neck is made using a single quilling strip . Make a tight coil and attach it to the face.
 
2. Body ( Upper part ):
  Note : Use 5 mm quilling strips

Upper part 1:
  • Make a tight coil using 12 strips ( 8 peach and 4 green ) . Make a dome shape.
  • Make another tight coil using 12 green strips . Make a slightly long dome.
  • Attach both the cones as shown. 
Upper part 2 :
  • Make a tight coil using 12 maroon strips. Make a dome shape.
  • Make another tight coil using 12 green strips . Make a dome shape almost same as the previous one.
  • Attach both the cones as shown. 
In between these two shapes make a tight coil using 6 quilling strips ( 5mm ) . I have used peach colour.


3. Body ( Lower part ):
  • For the thighs , make a tight coil using 4 quilling strips . I have used red colour 5 mm strips. Make a cone shape.
  • For the legs , make a tight coil using 2 quilling strips . I have used red colour 5 mm strips. Make a cone shape.
  • Attach both the cones as shown. 
  • I have decorated with gold decoration paper.

4. Feet :

Refer to the steps shown below. I have used only 5 mm peach colour quilling strip. The tight coil is made using a single strip.


Let me show you the picture of the whole body with parts attached.


5. Sleeve and hands:
  • The blouse is made using one and half quilling strip ( 5 mm ). I have used green colour strip. Make a cone shape. 
  • Similarly make another cone using peach colour quilling strip ( 5 mm ). 
  • Attach both the cones as shown.
  • Attach it to the body.

6. Palm:

Refer to the steps shown below. I have used only 3 mm peach colour quilling strip. The tight coil is made using a single strip.

7. Fully Decorated saree draped for the idol:


8. Crown:

The crown is made using 5 mm gold colour quilling strips. 
  • Make a tight coil using 8 quilling strips. Make a cone shape.
  • Make another tight coil using 6 green + 3 gold quilling strips.
  • Decorate the crown with some kundans and ball chain.

Attach the head , Make the hairs using 5 mm black quilling strips. I have crimped the strips for the hairs. 
Put some jewellery for the goddess using stone line and ball chain. Draw the facial features to complete the Divine Lakshmi Goddess.

I have made two white elephants . Let me show the steps:

9 . Lotus:

  • Make a tight coil using 25 quilling strips ( pink colour ). Use 5 mm strips. This acts as a base for the lotus.
  •  Make a marquise shape using 4 quilling strips ( 5 mm ) . I have used pink colour strips. 
  • Take a bowl of the appropriate size and keep sticking the shapes adjacent to each other as shown.
To make the bowl shape , you can refer to my  Quilling basket tutorial where I have shown in detail.



10. Elephant:
  • I have used 5 mm white quilling strips for the face. each coil is made  using 11 quilling strips.
  • For the body make 4 coils. First coil is made using 5 mm quilling strips. The rest three coils is made using 10 mm quilling strips. Each coil is made using 13 strips.
  • The legs are made using 10 mm quilling strips. Each leg is made using 2 quilling strips.
  • The ears are made using 2 quilling strips ( 5 mm ). Make a triangle shape.
  • Decorate the elephant using some design papers.



The complete elephant looks like this:



I hope you liked my beautiful creation. Please post your comments.

1 comment: