Saturday 5 June 2021

Polymer Clay Series ( My sweet doll )

 Hello friends,

Polymer Clay doll

                 This time I am showing you something very unique and creative art. Its Polymer clay . I am sure you all must have heard about it.

 Polymer clay is a type of hardenable modeling clay. It typically contains no clay minerals, but like mineral clay a liquid is added to dry particles until it achieves gel-like working properties, and similarly, the part is put into an oven to harden. 

I tried this art work for the first time . I brought the polymer clay kit online . I had no idea how to do it. Just opened a clay pack and started doing some shapes. I found it very soft and easy to mould. My first attempt was a cute doll. Me and my daughter started doing the doll features. Initially it was a tough task to mould . We kept on doing to get the grip of it. 

I used a small rolling pin from my daughters kitchen set. First I made the clay flat , so that it was easy to mould. After making each shape I kept it on a butter paper so that it would be easy to remove. 

Once all the doll parts are complete , I joined them . It was looking very cute. Now the tough part was baking it. I did not have oven at home. So did some trial with a pan. On the pan I kept a plate ( reverse ) . On that I kept the doll along with the butter paper. 

I had no idea how much time it will take as it was the first time. I waited for half an hour and checked if it has hardened. It was still soft.

It took almost one hour to complete. I was very happy with the outcome. My daughter was also overjoyed to see the doll.

I hope you will like it.

Watch this space for more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment