Monday 1 February 2021

Dances of India - Quilling Mohiniyattam

 Hello friends ,

Mohiniyattam doll

           Mohiniyattam is one of the famous classical dances of India that developed and remained popular in the state of Kerala. I have tried to make this 3d Quilling Mohiniyattam doll . It was a challenging experience specially the dress part of the doll. I really enjoyed making this doll . Hope you all like it.

I would also like to mention my dear friend lakshmi from LQW who supported me . Thanks dear.

Let me show you the steps:

1. Face:

    For making the face  Refer here

2. Body ( Upper part ):

  • Make a tight coil by attaching 20 quilling strips ( 5 mm).
  •  I have used white colour strips.
  • Make two such coils.
  • Make a dome shape as shown here.
  • Attach both the parts.
  • Apply fevicol and allow it to dry.






3. Body ( Lower part ):

  • Make a tight coil using 30 ( white ) + 10 ( gold ) + 10 (white ) + 15 ( gold ) + 5 ( white ).
  • Make a dome shape as shown.
  • Apply fevicol and allow it to dry.
4. Saree part :

      Refer to the pictures shown :





5. For the hairs , hand and rest of the body parts refer to my earlier posts - Refer here



You can decorate the doll with some kundans , ball chain and jhumkas.

Watch this space for more on quilling dolls.....

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    The doll is very gorgeous.👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻❤❤♥️♥️😃😃😃😃😃🎀🎀🎁🎁
    It includes a lot of efforts.
    All the best for all the other projects. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

    ReplyDelete