Sunday 26 July 2020

Quilling Spring Bloosoms

Hello Friends,



This is my entry for participation in IQCG # 72.


This is a 30 inch by 20 inch decorative art piece. As you can see it is made using quilling flowers , leaves , bushes and much more.....
I have used a thermocol sheet and stuck a white kg cardboard on it.
Initially I had a plan to make a garden full of flowers. Then an idea flashed my mind to make something more colourful and beautiful .

  • First I started with flowers. So I made different sizes , different colour flowers . Mainly I focused on comb flowers. You can refer here to make comb flowers. 
  • After making the flowers , I just placed them on the sheet to see how it looks. 

                Kindly note - You can visit my you tube link for making quilling flower

                                    https://youtu.be/1N4rc6g03No

  • As you can see , I have made 7 to 8 varieties of flowers.
  • I found it nice , so I stuck them with a gap between them.
  • Now I had a rough idea of the picture . I drew some bushes and it looked really very beautiful. 
  • I have used green colour quilling strips ( light and dark ) to make the bushes and leaves.

  • The bushes are made using simple comb flower. And the leaves with a combination of marquise and tear drop shapes. I have made some special type of leaves which I recently learnt and did. It is looking very unique. I have made around 6 leaves of that type. Refer to the picture.

  • I have made a cute little ladybird. You can place it on the bushes. 

  • Flowers without butterflies !!!.  So thought of making some beautiful butterflies . 
  • You can select your own colour combination for the lovely butterflies. One butterfly is a combination of  blue and pink . The other is a combination of black and yellow.
  • I have made one sitting on the flower. Have a look . 

  • You need to make heart shape for the wings of the butterfly.
  • Now my half sheet was occupied . Rest half what to do ? I was thinking......
  • I thought , why not make some tree branches.
  • I gave an outline with a pencil. Then stuck the quilling  strip( brown colour ) exactly on the pencil mark. 
  • I filled up the tree branches with comb shapes. This took a long time.

  • Something was missing here . Yes , the beautiful love birds.
  • I first drew the birds , then quilling.
  • I have used  a combination of blue and light orange for the birds.
  • Take a look .

  • You can cover the branches with some flowers and leaves wherever required.

I finished my complete Quilling Spring blossoms . I was very happy . Till now this is my largest quilling Art work. This took around one month to complete. 
I hope you liked my creation.

5 comments:

  1. Liked your thought processing workout to complete the project ... beautifully narrated and presented

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! Thanks for participating in iqcg73

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous♥️ thank you for joining us

    ReplyDelete