Saturday 29 February 2020

Quilling Doll - Elsa ( Frozen )



Hi Friends,
 
     Elsa  is a fictional character who appears in Walt Disney Animation Studios' 53rd animated film Frozen . I have made Elsa doll using quilling. Many children especially girls are very fond of Elsa. My daughter gave me this unique idea of doing Elsa doll. 
I really enjoyed making this doll. Let me show you the details :

1. Face:

  • For the front part , I have used 3 mm quilling strips. Make a tight coil using 10 strips ( peach  colour ). Make a small projection to the coil . (Refer pic)
  • For the back part , I have used 3 mm quilling strips. Make a tight coil using 10 strips ( skin  colour ). Make a small projection to the coil . (Refer pic)
  • Apply fevicol . Once dried , stick both the coils.
2. Neck:
  • Make 2 tight coils (peach colour) using 1 quilling strip each . 

3. Body (Upper part):
  • For the upper part , I have used 3 mm quilling strips. Make a tight coil using 10 strips ( peach  colour ). Make a cone shape as shown in the pic. 
4. Body(Lower part):
  • For the lower part , I have used 3 mm quilling strips. Make a tight coil using 10 strips ( purple  colour ). Make a cone shape as shown in the pic.

  •                              APPLY FEVICOL & STICK BOTH THE PARTS  

5. Dress:

  •  I have used 5 mm quilling strips. Make a tight coil using 30 strips ( purple  colour ). 
  • Make a cone.
  • Apply fevicol and allow it to dry.
  • Make around 50 tear drop shapes of 3 mm in purple color consisting of 1 strip each. 
  • Stick the teardrops all around the cone. (Refer pic)
  • Stick some pearls on the dress. 

6. Hands :
  • Make a tight coil using 2 peach colour quilling strips (3 mm)
  • Make a small cone
  • Make a tight coil using 2 purple colour quilling strips (5 mm)
  • Make a cone ( tusk shape ). 
  • Put glue and allow it to dry .
      ATTACH ALL THE PARTS.
                  
7. Hairs:
  • I have used peach colour silk thread to make the hairs
  • Take a few strands of silk thread ( approx 40 ) . 
  • Attach it together to the top part of the head,
  • Make 5 such strands and tie it into plates, refer to picture 

8. Facial Parts:
  • Draw the eyes, nose and mouth on the doll face.
The Elsa doll is complete.
I hope you liked it.
Watch this space for more.....
Thank you 



6 comments: