Saturday 4 February 2017

Two in one series ( Double Jhumka)

 

                 After seeing so many jhumkas in different designs ,I thought why not try making a double quilling jhumka and in this article I will describe how I  made a double quilling jhumka. For this jhumkas, you can either use two different colours for both the jhumkas or single color. I have used same color for both the jhumkas.  Select the color to match your outfit. It is very easy to make this unique quilling jhumka. You can make them in different sizes , colors and styles. I have used 5 mm quilling strips to make the double  jhumka.

For the materials used please refer to the earlier post :

The procedure for making the double jhumka is described below :
( Step 1 - 4 ):

Here I have attached two jhumkas of the same size. You can also attach two jhumkas of different sizes as well.
First you need to make  jhumka1 ( I have used 5 quilling strips ). Then insert the nose pin in the center of the jhumka1 . Bend the nose pin at the tip and make a small loop using a nose plier. Then make jhumka2 ( I have used 5 quilling strips ). Take another nose pin and first insert it into the loop made earlier and then insert it into jhumka2. This makes the attachment of two jhumkas complete.



Here I have attached two jhumkas ,you can attach more than two also.I have used pink colour quilling strip to make this  jhumka.

 For making the complete jhumka , you can refer to my earlier post .


You can use this earring  as a stud as well as a jhumka.






And please don't forget to apply a coat of transparent (clear ) nail polish to give it a shiny look. This will also make your earrings water resist.

I  hope you liked this unique quilling jhumka. Please let me know which combination you tried for the dual jhumka.  
Please share your views.  

1 comment:

  1. Looks good , why not on reducing size from the top ?

    ReplyDelete