Saturday 5 December 2020

Quilling Ganesha Temple

 Hi friends ,

My dream Project



                    






                      Making projects of the things you like is the most fun thing to do. If you like it very much you will enjoy doing it.This was a dream project come true. I had never imagined  that I would do such a huge project. I love to do anything in quilling be it  making 3D or  2D projects . Feel free to share  your opinion about this in the comments below. 

        Today I am going to share with you a mega project. It is probably the most huge and magnificent Project in quilling . It required a lot of hard work, patience, co-ordination & materials. My husband thought a lot and came upon doing something very creative. We had to plan a lot for this project. 

I have no words to explain how the experience was and how much the whole family enjoyed it. my whole family supported a lot to me. I am very thankful . The projects consists of a platform, on which there is a pond and a magnificent temple of Shri Ganesha. It is made up of completely eco - friendly materials .   

First we drew a rough sketch of our Project on a sheet. We got a rough idea how our project will look like. Then we ordered a canvas sheet for the base. 

Once we received the canvas sheet , we took dimensions for the Kalyani and temple. Divided the base into two parts. Now started our real work. 

Let me share the details :

1. Base :

For the base of this project , I have used a Canvas Board ( 45 cm x 60 cm ). You need cardboards of different sizes .

  • First you need to make a border for the project. That is done using a thick cardboard. Divide the frame into  two partitions :
  • One will be the temple part and the other will be the water side ( referred as kalyani ) . The temple part will be placed at a height above the kalyani.
  • Once the base is complete , cover it with a handmade paper ( brown colour ) as shown.


2. Kalyani :

  • This complete portion is filled up with blue colour loose and tight coils. I have used 5 mm quilling strips . 
  • Take a box ( exact size ) which will fit correctly inside the space provided for Kalyani.
  • First fill the base with loose coils. Place each coil adjacent to the other.
  • Make sure the entire box is covered with blue coils. This will give a water effect.
  • Apply fevicol and allow it to dry.
  • Mix resin and fill half portion of the box. I have added blue colour to the resin mix.





These cute quilling ducks are made by my daughters. A quilling lotus  for my Kalyani . Also you can add a few shrubs, 

3. Temple base :
  • I have used 10 mm ( grey colour ) quilling strips for this.
  • Make 112 tight coils , each tight coil is done by rolling 2 quilling strips. 
  • Make a rectangle shape( 14 x 8 ) by sticking tight coils one adjacent to the other as shown.
  • Apply fevicol to make it stiff.
  • I have use a rectangular box for support.
  • Wrap the box with grey colour strips.
  • Stick tight coils on all 4 sides of the base. This is for support.

  • On either side of the base stick some quilling flowers and leaves.



4. Temple Pillar:

  • I have made 4 pillars. I will give description of one pillar. Same goes for all.
  • Use 10 mm quilling strips . I have used grey colour strips.
  • Make a tight coil using 3 quilling strips. Give it a cone shape. 
  • Make one more of the same shape. Attach them as shown.
  • For each pillar you need 2 such cones.
  • The gap between is filled with tight coils. Refer to the picture below.
  • Stick all the four pillars at the corners of the base.
  • I have covered one side of the temple with a handmade paper.

5. Gopura Base:

  • The Gopura base is also made using tight coils.
  • Each tight coil is done using 2 quilling strips.
  • Stick the coils as shown below.
  • You can also give support to the base with cardboard

           
                          
6. Gopura:
  • Make a tight coil using 100 quilling strips ( 10 mm )
  • I have used 100 grey and 30 gold colour Quilling strips
  • After making the tight coil make a cone shape as shown. Place it on the gopura base.


7. Mandasana:

  • For this I have used maroon colour Quilling strips (5 mm ).
  • Make tight coils and stick them one adjacent to the other.
  • I have made 42 tight coils.
8. Sri Ganesha:

            For the complete tutorial of Sri Ganesha Idol Click here

9. Quilling Pooja Lamp:

            For the complete tutorial of Pooja Lamp Click here

10. Temple steps:
  
  • You need to make tight coils using grey colour quilling strips.
  • Each tight coil using one quilling strip.
  • Place them as shown in the picture.



You can decorate the temple with some bells and flowers. I have made some fringe flowers.
I have decorated the whole temple with Led lights. 
 This complete project took around 3 months .

Feels very very happy to see the final outcome. Hope you all like it.

7 comments:

  1. Wow Archana. Superb plan amd excellent execution I should say. They say 'dare to think different'. That is what you always do ... keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
    👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
    🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. ತುಂಬಾ ಸೊಗಸಾಗಿದೆ.

    ReplyDelete